I read something in Andrew Martin's chess column on my favorite chess website (www.chess.com) today and boom ... it struck me why I am still probably the 1400+ player and not the 1600+ or 1700+ player I wish to be.
"Not every move in a game has the same weight. We play 95% of our games like Anand, but it's what happens the other 5% of the time that matters. I look for CRITICAL MOMENTS in a game and try to anlayse at those points. Critical moments might incude:
1) Before the game, how do you feel?
2) The end of your theoretical knowledge.
4) Turning points, obvious mistakes, blunders
5) The very end of the game;
a summary of why the game was won, lost or drawn. You build your chess instinct with this work; it's the quickest way."
Of course, all of this and the fact that I started playing chess seriously only about 5 to 6 months back :)
Hehehe .. the truth is, I am not even a 1400s player, because I have never even played a FIDE tournament to get that rating!! :) But I have played against some chess engines on my computer and have beat the system rated at 1400+ and so just assumed myself at that level.
BTW if you are still lost as to what the numbers 1400 and 1600 mean, they are the ELO ratings of a chess player. And if anybody reading this is wondering what ELO and FIDE mean, one piece of advice - 'grow up and learn chess seriously' ;)
What was this caste discrimination in India called Varnas? Were Shudras really prevented from reading Vedas? Such questions are coming u...
One MahaShivarathri night a few years back, after the midnight meditation with Sadhguru, many Isha meditators were gathering around someth...
Wonderfully sung in the Isha Alsbum 'Trigun', the lyrics have been taken from the site: http://www.celextel.org/stotras/shiva/chida...
Bhairavi Ashtakam as sung on the Ye Devi CD of Isha... Na thatho, na matha, na bandur na datha, Na puthro, na puthri, na bruthyo, na barth...