Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Nirvana Shatkam

This is the Nirvana Shatkam by Adi Sankara. One of the most intense expressions of the Sivatva (since when is my blog turning like this!). Am not sure of the authenticity of the lyrics though, but seems to be correct as recollected from my memory. Completely and originally taken from the Wikipedia link :)

Mano budhyahankara chithaa ninaham,
Na cha srothra jihwe na cha graana nethrer,
Na cha vyoma bhoomir na thejo na vayu,
Chidananada Roopa Shivoham, Shivoham.

Na cha praana sangno na vai pancha vaayuh,
Na vaa saptha dhathur na va pancha kosa,
Na vak pani padam na chopastha payu,
Chidananada Roopa Shivoham, Shivoham.

Na me dwesha raghou na me lobha mohou,
Madho naiva me naiva matsarya bhava,
Na dharmo na cha artha na kamo na moksha,
Chidananada Roopa Shivoham, Shivoham.

Na punyam na paapam na soukhyam na dukham,
Na manthro na theertham na veda na yagna,
Aham bhojanam naiva bhojyam na bhoktha,
Chidananada Roopa Shivoham, Shivoham.

Na mruthyur na sankha na me jathi bhedha,
Pitha naiva me naiva matha na janma,
Na bhandhur na mithram gurur naiva sishyah,
Chidananada Roopa Shivoham, Shivoham.

Aham nirvi kalpo nirakara roopo,
Vibhuthwascha sarvathra sarvendriyanaam,
Na chaa sangatham naiva mukthir na meyah
Chidananada Roopa Shivoham, Shivoham.

7 comments:

soumyaj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
soumyaj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
soumyaj said...

Do you have the audio for this please??? I love to listen to it - the Isha one I mean.

The Thinker said...

I think that is sung by the Brahmacharis in the Ashram and am not sure if it is available in the sales. Am going to the Ashram this week and will check for its availability.

soumyaj said...

When I was there for Samyama it was not available, hopefully they will put it up for sales soon, thanks.

The Thinker said...

It does not seem to be available yet. I was in the Ashram last weekend.

soumyaj said...

Thanks a lot.

Mahashivratri 2019 - A fantastic celebration

Blogging after a long time... but could not resist how infectious the Mahashivratri event this time (March 2019) was. The local people th...